Print this page!
September 1st, 2021
- Synaptics Inc. announced it is acquiring DSP Group Inc. for US$538 million in cash, to add audio and smart voice capabilities to its Internet of things (IoT) portfolio.
August 4th, 2021
- On August 3rd, Marvell Technology, Inc. and Innovium, Inc. announced a definitive agreement under which Marvell will acquire Innovium in an all-stock transaction.
Marvell is buying Innovium for $1.1 billion in stock, but Marvell will use Innovium cash and equivalents worth approximately $145 million to help finance the deal.
July 17th, 2021
- On July 15th Mobix Labs Inc. announced it has acquired all of the assets and intellectual property (IP) of Cosemi Technologies Inc.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
May 14th, 2021
- Nuclera announced on May 12th, 2021, the acquisition of the digital
microfluidics unit from E Ink Holdings Inc. into the newly formed US subsidiary of Nuclera.
In the transaction, E Ink will contribute intellectual property, equipment,
and highly specialized scientists and engineers. Reciprocally, E Ink will
become the largest strategic shareholder in Nuclera.
May 11th, 2021
- CEVA, Inc. announced on May 10th, 2021, that it agreed to acquire Massachusetts-based Intrinsix Corp. for approximately $33 million in cash, subject to working capital and other customary purchase price adjustments. The closing of the acquisition is anticipated to take place during the second quarter of 2021.
April 22nd, 2021
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Silicon Laboratories Inc. under which Skyworks will acquire the Infrastructure & Automotive business of Silicon Labs in an all-cash asset transaction valued at $2.75 billion.
February 8th, 2021
- Renesas Electronics Corporation and Dialog Semiconductor Plc today announced they have reached an agreement on the terms of a recommended all-cash acquisition by Renesas of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Dialog for EUR 67.50 per share, representing a total equity value of approximately EUR 4.9 billion.
January 14th, 2021
- Qualcomm Incorporated today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire NUVIA Inc. for approximately $1.4 billion before working capital and other adjustments. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approval under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended.
January 4th, 2021
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated and FLIR Systems, Inc. jointly announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Teledyne will acquire FLIR in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $8.0 billion.
Under the terms of the agreement, FLIR stockholders will receive $28.00 per share in cash and 0.0718 shares of Teledyne common stock for each FLIR share, which implies a total purchase price of $56.00 per FLIR share based on Teledyne’s 5-day volume weighted average price as of December 31st, 2020. The transaction reflects a 40% premium for FLIR stockholders based on FLIR’s 30-day volume weighted average price as of December 31st, 2020.
January 2nd, 2021
- Airoha Technology Corporation, a MediaTek subsidiary, has offered to buy all 68.55 million shares of IC Plus at NT$22 per share, MediaTek said in a regulatory filing. The deal is subject to the approval of shareholders at an extraordinary meeting on February 23rd.
Update: The deal was cancelled on February 23, 2021, as less than 62% of IC Plus shareholders attended the meeting.
Archived News Pages:
Business News 2020
Business News 2019
Business News 2018
Business News 2017
Business News 2016
Business News 2015
Business News 2014
Business News 2013
Business News 2012
Business News 2011
Business News 2010
Business News 2009
Business News 2008
Business News 2007
Business News 2005
Business News 2004
Business News 2003
Business News 2002
Business News 2001
Business News 2000
Sorry, because of a major crash we lost the News Files from July 21 2005 until February 1 2007. We couldn't recover the datafiles.