Print this page!
September 14th, 2020
- On September 13th, 2020, NVIDIA and SoftBank Group Corp. announced a definitive agreement under which NVIDIA will acquire Arm Limited from SBG and the SoftBank Vision Fund (together, “SoftBank”) in a transaction valued at $40 billion. The transaction is expected to be immediately accretive to NVIDIA’s non-GAAP gross margin and non-GAAP earnings per share.
July 27th, 2020
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today announced that it has acquired the High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) business of INVECAS, a Santa Clara based company specializing in embedded software and system level solutions. This addition will provide ADI with complete audio and video solutions to meet the growing needs of enterprise and consumer markets.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
July 16th, 2020
- STMicroelectronics today announced the signing of two M&A agreements related to the acquisitions of the entire share capital of Ultra Wide Band specialist BeSpoon and of the cellular IoT connectivity assets of Riot Micro. After closing of the two transactions, subject to customary regulatory approvals, ST will further strengthen its offer for wireless connectivity and, in particular, the roadmap for its STM32 microcontrollers and secure MCUs.
BeSpoon, based in Le Bourget du Lac, France, is a fabless semiconductor company founded in 2010 and specialized in Ultra Wide Band (UWB) communications technology. Their technology enables secure real-time indoor location with centimeter accuracy in environments under adverse conditions. The integration of this key secure positioning technology in the STM32 product portfolio will enable developers of IoT, automotive and mobile communication applications to provide services such as secure access, and precise indoor & outdoor mapping. ST will acquire BeSpoon from its majority shareholder, TRUMPF, and from its founders. In parallel with the transaction, ST and TRUMPF will enter into a strategic partnership for UWB tracking technology.
Riot Micro, based in Vancouver, Canada, designs cellular IoT solutions by applying proven design techniques from Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi to LTE Cat-M and NB-IoT to optimize system cost and power. The integration of cellular communication capabilities into the STM32 portfolio will strengthen ST’s offer for customers developing applications such as asset tracking, metering, and fleet management services.
The terms of the transactions were not disclosed.
July 13th, 2020
- Analog Devices, Inc. and Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which ADI will acquire Maxim in an all stock transaction that values the combined enterprise at over $68 billion2. The transaction, which was unanimously approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies, will strengthen ADI as an analog semiconductor leader with increased breadth and scale across multiple attractive end markets.
Under the terms of the agreement, Maxim stockholders will receive 0.630 of a share of ADI common stock for each share of Maxim common stock they hold at the closing of the transaction. Upon closing, current ADI stockholders will own approximately 69 percent of the combined company, while Maxim stockholders will own approximately 31 percent. The transaction is intended to qualify as a tax-free reorganization for U.S. federal income tax purposes.
July 10th, 2020
- Polytronics Technology Corporation [PTTC] has announced plans to acquire the THERMAL CLAD Insulated Metal Substrates (IMS®) business unit from Henkel AG for US$26 million.
The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2020 or the first quarter of 2021, after approval by the US Foreign Investment Committee.
May 12th, 2020
- Imagination Technologies and BAIC Capital, a Beijing-based investment unit of China's state-owned automaker BAIC Group, announced to form an automotive chip joint venture.
BAIC is the fourth largest automaker in China. BAIC also makes Hyundai and Mercedes-branded cars for sale on the Chinese market through its Beijing Hyundai and Beijing Benz joint ventures. Foton Motors is another subsidiary of the Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., Ltd. (BAIC).
The new company will be headquartered in Zhongguancun Integrated Circuit Design Park.
April 23rd, 2020
- Parade Technologies announced today to acquire USB controller IC firm Fresco Logic for US$37.5 million.
The acquisition will be completed in the second quarter.
April 6th, 2020
- MaxLinear, Inc. announced today that MaxLinear and its wholly owned subsidiary have entered into a definitive agreement with Intel Corporation under which MaxLinear would, subject to customary closing conditions, acquire Intel's Home Gateway Platform Division assets in an all-cash, asset transaction valued at $150 million. The Home Gateway Platform Division comprises Wi-Fi Access Points, Ethernet and Home Gateway SoC products deployed across operator and retail markets.
March 31st, 2020
- Kyocera Corporation announced that it entered into a share transfer agreement with NEC Corporation on March 25, 2020 to acquire all of NEC's shares in Showa Optronics Co., Ltd., an optical components manufacturer. After the share transfer is completed, Kyocera will own 93.53% of SOC's shares; SOC will begin operating as a subsidiary of Kyocera on June 1, 2020, under the name Kyocera Showa Optronics Co., Ltd. (KSO).
March 12th, 2020
- Silicon Labs announced today that it has entered into a definitive asset purchase agreement with Redpine Signals to acquire the company's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth business, development center in Hyderabad, India, and extensive patent portfolio for $308 million in cash.
February 20th, 2020
- Dialog Semiconductor plc and Adesto Technologies Corporation today announced they have signed a definitive agreement for Dialog to acquire all outstanding shares of Adesto.
Dialog will acquire Adesto for $12.55 per share in cash, or for approximately $500 million enterprise value. The deal will be funded from Dialog's balance sheet.
The transaction is subject to certain regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2020.
February 1st, 2020
- On January 29th, 2020, Qorvo Inc. reported in its financial results for the Company's fiscal 2020 third quarter, ended December 28, 2019, that it acquired DecaWave Ltd., a designer of ultra-accurate, ultra-secure short-range location solutions.
The financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, but experts believe that the deal is worth US$400 million.
Qorvo's fiscal 2020 third quarter revenue was US$869 million.
February 1st, 2020
- On January 29th, 2020, Qorvo Inc. reported in its financial results for the Company's fiscal 2020 third quarter, ended December 28, 2019, that it acquired Custom MMIC, a manufacturer that specializes in microwave RF communications technologies.
The financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, but experts believe that Qorvo has spent around US$100 million.
Qorvo's fiscal 2020 third quarter revenue was US$869 million.
January 18th, 2020
- Apple Inc secretly acquired Seattle-based AI company Xnor.Inc.
Xnor, a spin-out from the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2), had raised $14.6 million in funding since it was founded three years ago. Xnor's founders, Ali Farhadi and Mohammed Rastegari, are the creators of YOLO, a well-known neural network widely used for object detection.
In November last year, Xnor abruptly pulled out of a licensing deal with Wyze Cam without giving reasons.
Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Archived News Pages:
Business News 2019
Business News 2018
Business News 2017
Business News 2016
Business News 2015
Business News 2014
Business News 2013
Business News 2012
Business News 2011
Business News 2010
Business News 2009
Business News 2008
Business News 2007
Business News 2005
Business News 2004
Business News 2003
Business News 2002
Business News 2001
Business News 2000
Sorry, because of a major crash we lost the News Files from July 21 2005 until February 1 2007. We couldn't recover the datafiles.