March 21st, 2017:
- Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company and the founder of RF SOI (silicon on insulator), announces on March 20th the acquisition of Arctic Sand Technologies. An MIT spin-off, Arctic Sand designs and manufactures low-power semiconductors for use in DC-DC power conversion applications.
Through this acquisition, Arctic Sand's low-power semiconductors will be added to Murata's existing product lineup in order to enhance and expand its power module business in not just the telecommunications market, but also the data communications and industrial electrical markets. Furthermore, Murata will be able to accelerate Arctic Sand's existing business targeting applications in mobile computing, smartphones and LCD display panels. Arctic Sand will continue to develop high efficiency power conversion ICs and now has the added benefit of Peregrine's SOI semiconductor expertise and Murata's industry-leading inductors, capacitors and packaging.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Peregrine became part of Murata in December 2014 for US$471 million.
March 14th, 2017:
- Intel Corporation and Mobileye N.V. announced on March 13th a definitive agreement under which Intel would acquire Mobileye, a global leader in the development of computer vision and machine learning, data analysis, localization and mapping for
advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous driving. Pursuant to the agreement, a subsidiary of Intel will commence a tender offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding ordinary shares of Mobileye for $63.54 per share in cash, representing an equity value of approximately $15.3 billion and an enterprise value of $14.7 billion.
March 3rd, 2017:
- Littelfuse, Inc. announced on March 2nd it has made an incremental $15 million investment in Monolith Semiconductor Inc., a Texas-based start-up company developing silicon carbide technology. Silicon carbide is a rapidly emerging semiconductor material that enables power devices to operate at higher switching frequencies versus conventional silicon. This allows inverters and motor drives to operate with significantly improved energy efficiency and reduced system cost.
As a result of this additional investment, Littelfuse now has a majority ownership position in Monolith and will begin including
Monolith in its operating financial results. Littelfuse previously announced that its first quarter 2017 earnings per share
guidance included $0.03 of expense to fund development activities with Monolith Semiconductor. This additional investment
is expected to reduce earnings per share by $0.09 across the second through fourth quarters of 2017.
February 20th, 2017:
- The $850 million acquisition of Cree Inc.'s Wolfspeed Power and RF division by Infineon Technologies AG was has been called off after a federal government committee raised concerns about the deal's implications for U.S. national security.
As a result of the acquisition's termination, Infineon must pay a $12.5 million fee to Cree, Cree announced.
February 13th, 2017:
- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. and GigPeak, Inc. today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for IDT to acquire GigPeak, Inc., for total cash consideration of $3.08 per share, or approximately $250 million in cash. This per share consideration would represent a premium of approximately 22% to GigPeak's closing share price on February 10, 2017.
February 8th, 2017:
- V-Nova Ltd., a provider of video compression solutions, today announced the completion of its first acquisition, by purchasing the full global patent portfolio of video imaging experts Faroudja Enterprises Inc. for an undisclosed sum.
Faroudja Enterprises Inc. was founded by video pioneer and multiple Emmy Award winner Yves Faroudja, and the acquisition of its patent portfolio is a strong investment by V-Nova in its own long-term technology roadmap. The addition of the Faroudja technology will further improve the efficiency of V-Nova's compression technology PERSEUS™ and ensure that it continues to be at the forefront of next-generation video services.
January 9th, 2017:
- BizLink Holding Inc. announced today that it has entered into definitive purchase agreements with Leoni AG to acquire in a share deal its Electrical Appliance Assemblies business group. Both parties agreed upon an enterprise value in cash of EUR 50 million and aim to close the deal in the first half of 2017.
Archived News Pages:
Sorry, because of a major crash we lost the News Files from July 21 2005 until February 1 2007. We couldn't recover the datafiles.