November 11th, 2017:
- Apple has bought the Californian imaging start-up called InVisage.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
November 9th, 2017:
- mcube Inc. has bought Xsens Technologies B.V..
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
October 18th, 2017:
- On October 17th, 2017, Synopsys, Inc. announced that it has acquired Sidense Corporation, a provider of one-time programmable (OTP) non-volatile memory (NVM) for automotive, mobile, industrial and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The acquisition complements Synopsys' existing DesignWare® Multi-Time Programmable (MTP) NVM IP solution with OTP NVM IP in 16-bit to 1.28-Mbit configurations. With this acquisition, Synopsys gains access to proven, market-leading OTP NVM IP in process technologies from 180- to 16-nm along with a team of highly experienced R&D engineers.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
October 5th, 2017:
- Dialog Semiconductor plc announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Silego Technology Inc. for a cash payment of $276 million with additional contingent consideration of up to $30.4 million.
September 1st, 2017:
- On August 28th, 2017, Littelfuse, Inc. and IXYS Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Littelfuse will acquire all of the outstanding shares of IXYS in a cash and stock transaction. The transaction represents an equity value of approximately $750 million and enterprise value of $655 million. Under the terms of the agreement, each IXYS stockholder will be entitled to elect to receive, per IXYS share, either $23.00 in cash or 0.1265 of a share of Littelfuse common stock, subject to proration. In total, 50% of IXYS stock will be converted into the cash election option and 50% into the stock election option.
The combined company is expected to have annual revenues of approximately $1.5 billion,
August 4th, 2017:
- On Juli 19th AVX Corporation announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Transportation, Sensing & Control (TS&C) division, from TT Electronics PLC. TS&C is currently trading as AB Electronik.
In accordance with the agreement, AVX will acquire TS&C for a consideration of £118.8 million (approximately US$155.5 million) in cash, subject to normal working capital adjustments at closing. The transaction is subject to approval of the TT Electronics PLC shareholders, and other conditions, including regulatory approvals, that are customary for transactions of this type.
April 19th, 2017:
- Sivers IMA Holding AB has on the 12th of April 2017 entered into an agreement to acquire all shares in Compound Semiconductor Technologies Global Limited, a privately held company that designs, manufactures and supplies semiconductor lasers and other semiconductor optical products. The main scope is optical communication. Customers are in the telecommunications, fiber, industry, defense and health sectors.
CST Global's operations generated revenues of approximately 40 MSEK for the fiscal year 2016 (1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016) with a negative EBIT of approximately 8 MSEK. Sivers IMA expects that CST Global as a division within the Sivers IMA group will achieve a positive EBIT for the full year 2017.
CST Global's preliminary numbers show a growth in revenue in the first quarter of 2017 compared to the same period last year by approximately 47 percent and Sivers IMA preliminary figures show a net revenue growth of about 45 percent for the same period, however at negative EBIT.
March 31st, 2017:
- On March 30th Analog Devices, Inc. announced the acquisition of OneTree Microdevices, Inc., a privately held company based in Santa Rosa, California. ADI is a supplier of mixed signal solutions for cable access ranging from data converters through clocking and control/power conditioning. With the acquisition of OneTree Microdevices' GaAs and GaN amplifier portfolio, which offers best-in-class linearity, output power and efficiency, ADI now supports the complete signal chain for next-generation cable access networks. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
March 30th, 2017:
- On March 29th MaxLinear, Inc. and Exar Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which MaxLinear has agreed to acquire Exar for $13.00 per share in cash. This price for each share of Exar represents a 22% premium over the Company's closing price of $10.62 on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. The total value is approximately $700 million, or $472 million net of Exar's cash acquired. MaxLinear intends to fund the transaction with cash from the combined balance sheets and a $425 million term loan. The transaction will be conducted by means of a tender offer and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2017, subject to customary closing conditions and U.S. regulatory approvals.
March 21st, 2017:
- Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company and the founder of RF SOI (silicon on insulator), announces on March 20th the acquisition of Arctic Sand Technologies. An MIT spin-off, Arctic Sand designs and manufactures low-power semiconductors for use in DC-DC power conversion applications.
Through this acquisition, Arctic Sand's low-power semiconductors will be added to Murata's existing product lineup in order to enhance and expand its power module business in not just the telecommunications market, but also the data communications and industrial electrical markets. Furthermore, Murata will be able to accelerate Arctic Sand's existing business targeting applications in mobile computing, smartphones and LCD display panels. Arctic Sand will continue to develop high efficiency power conversion ICs and now has the added benefit of Peregrine's SOI semiconductor expertise and Murata's industry-leading inductors, capacitors and packaging.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Peregrine became part of Murata in December 2014 for US$471 million.
March 14th, 2017:
- Intel Corporation and Mobileye N.V. announced on March 13th a definitive agreement under which Intel would acquire Mobileye, a global leader in the development of computer vision and machine learning, data analysis, localization and mapping for
advanced driver assistance systems and autonomous driving. Pursuant to the agreement, a subsidiary of Intel will commence a tender offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding ordinary shares of Mobileye for $63.54 per share in cash, representing an equity value of approximately $15.3 billion and an enterprise value of $14.7 billion.
March 3rd, 2017:
- Littelfuse, Inc. announced on March 2nd it has made an incremental $15 million investment in Monolith Semiconductor Inc., a Texas-based start-up company developing silicon carbide technology. Silicon carbide is a rapidly emerging semiconductor material that enables power devices to operate at higher switching frequencies versus conventional silicon. This allows inverters and motor drives to operate with significantly improved energy efficiency and reduced system cost.
As a result of this additional investment, Littelfuse now has a majority ownership position in Monolith and will begin including
Monolith in its operating financial results. Littelfuse previously announced that its first quarter 2017 earnings per share
guidance included $0.03 of expense to fund development activities with Monolith Semiconductor. This additional investment
is expected to reduce earnings per share by $0.09 across the second through fourth quarters of 2017.
February 20th, 2017:
- The $850 million acquisition of Cree Inc.'s Wolfspeed Power and RF division by Infineon Technologies AG was has been called off after a federal government committee raised concerns about the deal's implications for U.S. national security.
As a result of the acquisition's termination, Infineon must pay a $12.5 million fee to Cree, Cree announced.
February 13th, 2017:
- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. and GigPeak, Inc. today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for IDT to acquire GigPeak, Inc., for total cash consideration of $3.08 per share, or approximately $250 million in cash. This per share consideration would represent a premium of approximately 22% to GigPeak's closing share price on February 10, 2017.
February 8th, 2017:
- V-Nova Ltd., a provider of video compression solutions, today announced the completion of its first acquisition, by purchasing the full global patent portfolio of video imaging experts Faroudja Enterprises Inc. for an undisclosed sum.
Faroudja Enterprises Inc. was founded by video pioneer and multiple Emmy Award winner Yves Faroudja, and the acquisition of its patent portfolio is a strong investment by V-Nova in its own long-term technology roadmap. The addition of the Faroudja technology will further improve the efficiency of V-Nova's compression technology PERSEUS™ and ensure that it continues to be at the forefront of next-generation video services.
January 9th, 2017:
- BizLink Holding Inc. announced today that it has entered into definitive purchase agreements with Leoni AG to acquire in a share deal its Electrical Appliance Assemblies business group. Both parties agreed upon an enterprise value in cash of EUR 50 million and aim to close the deal in the first half of 2017.
Archived News Pages:
Sorry, because of a major crash we lost the News Files from July 21 2005 until February 1 2007. We couldn't recover the datafiles.